Join us for a live virtual online class to experience the enjoyable art and science of making natural soy wax candles with supplies and tools provided.
Follow along and ask questions in real time with instruction and demonstration from our talented Teaching Artist via the Zoom video platform. You’ll log off with the inspiration to get started on your next project!
In this class you’ll have fun while learning the essentials of candle making: from what wax, containers, and fragrance to use along with the crucial equipment needed to create your own.
Using the provided supply kit and a couple basic kitchen items, we’ll measure, mix, melt, and pour two fabulously scented soy wax candles. By the end of class, you’ll have your candles successfully curing and the confidence and tools to make endless future candle creations.
- Select the seasonal scent to be included in your kit during registration:
- Beachwood (summer)
- Apple Maple Bourbon (fall)
- Toasted Pumpkin Spice (fall)
- Cranberry Woods (fall and winter)
- Evergreen Forest (winter)
- Ginger and Spice (winter)
- You’ll need access to a stovetop burner and medium pot/saucepan during class
Book a private class for your group:
Go here to learn more about booking a private class session for your private party or corporate team event.
The Soy Wax Candle Kit includes:
- 10 oz of high quality soy wax flakes
- 2 metal containers (5 oz + 8 oz)
- Metal pouring pitcher
- 1 oz fragrance oil (your choice of scent!)
- 2 wicks and holders
- Metal stirring spoon
- Sticker labels
In addition to the kit you'll also need to provide:
- Stovetop burner
- Medium saucepan or pot (~8" diameter)
- 2" of water in the pot
- 2 trivets to place hot items on
Liz Wright, the founder and Chief Creative Lady of Assembly, is a multi-disciplinary maker with an extensive history of creative projects and pursuits. She considers herself a lifelong learner and enjoys the challenges and thrills of learning a new skill and supporting others to do the same.